Kappa Delta Pi – Scholarship
B. Sherman Education Scholarship
Pi Sigma Chapter of Kappa Delta Pi, an International Honor Society in Education, is pleased to reward a $100 cash scholarship for the Student Teaching semester to a chosen Member of Pi Sigma. This scholarship is given directly to the student and not applied to the school bill.
Qualifications for Applicants:
- Membership in Pi Sigma Chapter of Kappa Delta Pi
- Student Teaching the following semester
- Outstanding academic achievement (cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above)
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members, excluding Mrs. Sherman (one education and one non-education)
- Response to one of the four essay questions. (A minimum of two typed, double-spaced pages is required.) In order to ensure fairness, the names of the applicants will not be revealed to the judges. Therefore, if your name is included in your essay, you will be automatically eliminated.
Choose one question and type it at the top of your paper. Then type a minimum two-page, double-spaced response. Do not include your name in the essay or you will be automatically eliminated.
- As a Christian teacher, how do you plan to take the light of Jesus Christ into the world of education?
- What motivated you to choose education as your field of study?
- If one of your former students were approached ten years after leaving your classroom, what would you like for him to remember about you?
- What teacher has made the greatest impact in your life? Explain.
You are invited to complete the application, reference letters, and essay.
Please submit them to the Pi Sigma Officer by the deadline:
November 15: Fall semester
April 15: Spring semester
Pi Sigma Homepage
B. Sherman Education Scholarship Application