Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)
Middle (6-8) and Secondary (6-12) Education/ PREK-12 Licensure
- Intensives: EDUC 504, 623 and 673
- Field Experiences and Student Teaching
- PreK-12 endorsements must include elementary AND secondary experiences
- Content competencies must be completed PRIOR to student teaching; remaining courses must be registered and updated on your content competencies evaluation form PRIOR to applying for Gate 3 (contact email@example.com for your evaluation and updates).
- Licensure Tests (passing scores PRIOR to applying for Gate 3)
- Praxis II Content Knowledge (see List of Virginia Scores)
*All unofficial transcripts are required for competency evaluations. Please email copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 434-455-1286.