When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.

M.A. in History

Frequently Asked Questions

Are there different tracks?
There is one 36 hour degree with a thesis option built into the program hours.

Are there different areas of content emphasis?
Yes, European and American

Is there a foreign language requirement?
For European thesis students (12 undergraduate hours or demonstrate proficiency to history graduate director)

Is there a GPA requirement?
3.0 is the GPA requirement. However, 2.50 through 2.99 will be admitted on caution. 

Is the program online?

What are the Prerequisites?
18 hours undergraduate history or related discipline.

How many graduate hours can I transfer?
A maximum of 50% of the program hours may be transferred if approved and allowable, including credit from an earned degree from Liberty University on the same academic level. 

How do I fill out an application for admission?
Go to ASIST at www.liberty.edu/online

  • Click on ‘Apply Now’
  • Follow the instructions to complete your application
  • The application for admission should not be sent to the History Department; it should be sent to Graduate Admissions
  • Students who have attended Liberty University previously may contact admissions at (800) 424-9596 and fill out an application over the phone

What other documents are required?

Masters of Arts in History Application

  • Official transcripts
  • 300-500 word statement explaining why you want to pursue an M.A. in History at Liberty University.

Can I send documents electronically?
Yes. All documents with the possible exception of official transcripts can be sent electronically. Send all documents to the following email address: residentgraduate@liberty.edu.

How do I apply for a Graduate Student Assistantship (covers up to 9 hours per semester and a stipend)? 
Contact Rachel Allison at history@liberty.edu to receive a link to our direct GSA application on the Human Resources website.

What are the course descriptions?
See the Academic Course Catalog.

Chat Live
Request Info
Apply Now
Visit Liberty