Active members must:
- Be enrolled as an English major or minor.
- Have completed a minimum of 2 college courses in English language or literature beyond the freshman requirements.
- Have completed at least 3 semesters of college course work.
- Hold at least a B in every English course
- Have an overall GPA of 3.25.
Having qualified for membership, members are expected to:
- Pay a one-time membership fee of $50, $13 of which pays for dues to the local chapter and $37 of which covers the induction fee for the international office.
- Live by the goals and purpose of the local chapter and benefit from from the the opportunities of membership.