More Information

For more information, please contact:

School of Aeronautics
Telephone: (434) 582-2183

Graduation Requirements

Students must complete Private, Instrument, and Commercial flight certificates in fixed wing aircraft in order to be eligible for graduation from our Commercial or Missionary Degree specializations. For graduates of our Military specialization, we require they have obtained at least their Instrument pilot rating and for those in our Unmanned Aerial Systems course, a private license is required. These flight ratings total approximately $40,000 over the course of four years for fixed wing training assuming the student earns their commercial pilots license.

Students are also able to continue their flight training through Certified  Flight  Instructor (CFI), Certified Flight Instructor 
Instrument (CFII), Multi-Engine Commercial (ME), Multi-Engine Instructor (MEI), and Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) in the airplane if so desired.
Employment as a Liberty flight instructor may be offered to our qualified students. Since these positions are highly competitive, it is common knowledge that your interview starts the moment you begin your Liberty career as an aviation freshman. Flight instructor positions are never guaranteed or promised, but we do hire  as many highly qualified student instructors as our openings allow. We would love to have you pursue this opportunity.