My seventeen year-old son and I were talking the other night about what we know to be true. He understands that most of what we see on television, online, in magazines and elsewhere may not be the truth.
So many times we want to define our lives and eternity based on "truths" the world provides and defines. One of the problems with this is man's opinion and understanding changes regularly. Another problem is man is flawed because of sin. Romans 5:12, "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned."
In John 18:38, Pilate asked Jesus the question that everybody asks at some point along his or her journey. Are you answering that question with Scripture?
The Bible records truth this way:
- "Jesus told him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through Me.'" John 14:6
If we know Jesus is truth, then let's study what the Bible has to say about Him, what He said, and follow His instruction. Here are some thoughts to get us started:
References to Jesus in Scripture
- Isaiah 7:14, "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call Him Immanuel."
- Matthew 1:23, "The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will Him Immanuel (which means 'God with us').
Quotes of Jesus in Scripture
- John 10:36, "what about the One whom the Father set apart as His very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse Me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?"
- Luke 10:28, "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."
- Luke 10:37b, "Jesus told him, 'Go and do likewise.'"
Online Community, what verse(s) do you reference to point to The Truth? Please comment.
Posted at 10:52 AM | Comments (0)